A very warm welcome to our school. St Matthew’s Primary School is a vibrant and diverse learning community where every child is cherished. We are a very happy school where we aim to bring the best out in each individual by providing the best opportunities for an excellent education, while making long-lasting, magical memories through an inspiring and creative curriculum. Children thrive both academically and in areas such as sports, music, arts and outdoor activities. There really is something for everyone to show they can excel!
Our latest SIAMS report (2016), judged the School to be “Outstanding”, and praised staff for their teamwork in producing a truly caring environment which enables children to thrive. The aim is to give children all the life skills they need to be successful – these include skills such as confidence, sociability, perseverance and taking responsibility. It is wonderful to see children blossom and enjoy learning with such enthusiasm.
Our recent Ofsted inspection (July 2018) graded the school as ‘Good’ and made the following observations:
- Pupils enjoy coming to school. They know that their voice is valued and listened to.
- Pupils articulate the values of the School. They told me, ‘We like to persevere.’ They also demonstrate these values in their behaviour and work across the school.
- You are united in your aspirations for the pupils of St Matthew’s and share a sense of excitement about the future. As a result, outcomes are strengthening and morale is high.
- Leaders are not complacent.
- Child protection is at the heart of the school.
We have high aspirations for all of our families and the school is now striving to achieve an ‘Outstanding’ rating from Ofsted. We aim to give each child the opportunities they need to be the best they can be academically, socially and emotionally.
Join us for the journey.