St Matthew’s Church of England Primary School is committed to promoting understanding of the principles and practices of equality and justice.
The school follows the LEA and Governing Body Admission Policies that do not permit sex, race, colour or disability to be used as criteria for admission.
Our aim is to enable pupils to appreciate the diverse society in which they live and develop an awareness of the differences within it by adhering to the following principles:
- equal access and treatment for all
- being responsive to changing needs
- educating and informing children and parents about the issues of equality
- avoiding prejudice
- promoting a positive self-image and mutual respect, regardless of differences
- providing for all, according to their needs
- ensuring that equality of opportunity permeates the whole curriculum and ethos of the school
- using resources and examples which provide a positive image of all groups
- acknowledging the richness and diversity of British society and to prepare children for their part in this
- working to an agreed code of conduct which can be modified, monitored and evaluated according to current best practice in equal opportunities
- developing a positive attitude to equal opportunity by all staff, children, parents, governors and all who participate in the life of the school
The school values diversity amongst the staff. In all appointments the most suitable candidate will be appointed on professional criteria and recruitment carried out in a manner consistent with equal opportunity practice.
For further information about Equality please refer to the current policy.