St Matthew’s CE Primary School is an active part of the local community. Over the course of each year we work with a wide variety of members of the local community and associations on projects, activities and fund raising events. We value our community and support as many local initiatives as possible, some are listed below:
- Children have provided contributions, in the form of tinned produce and non-perishable goods, to those in need in the local community. These contributions were donated to our local Food Bank and Community Larder.
- Many of our children relish the opportunity to support local charities by singing to customers at local supermarkets during Christmas time. Children from the school choir have also visited local homes of elderly residents to sing carols.
- We have developed links with students from the following schools who have worked very closely with many of our children, TWGGS, Skinners Kent Academy, Judd, Bennett Memorial, Hillview and Skinners Boys Grammar School.
- We have supported the local Rotary club with their Christmas Shoebox Appeal.
- We open our World War Two Air Raid Shelter, located under our Junior playground, to the Heritage Society during the school year.
- We support our local Beaver, Cub and Scouts groups by offering our large school hall on a Wednesday evening, details of this can be found on the “Clubs” section.
- We have taken part in ‘Tunbridge Wells in Bloom’, and received a Gold Award in 2021.
If you would like to find out more about the work that goes on within the local community and connect with the many associated groups that operate, please feel free to contact the school office on 01892 528098, or alternatively contact our Family Liaison Officer- Mrs Jan Aspinall who will be happy to help further.