A warm welcome to our school. St Matthew’s Primary School is a vibrant and diverse learning community where every child is cherished. A change of leadership in January 2013 has already dramatically uplifted the outcomes for our children through excellent teaching and learning in a well-resourced, attractive environment.
The Ofsted inspection in July 2014 made the following observations:
- Teaching is good overall and some is outstanding.
- Leaders have improved teaching and pupils’ achievement at a phenomenal rate.
- Pupils are enthusiastic and apply themselves well.
- The behaviour of pupils is good……and sometimes outstanding.
- The achievement of pupils is good.
- The achievement of the most able pupils is good.
The curriculum has been redesigned, placing key skills and a love of learning at the core. Teaching takes place within an imaginative and creative curriculum, where children find learning exciting and irresistible. We have high aspirations for all of our families as the school now strives towards becoming “Outstanding” and we aim to give every child opportunities to achieve their very best.
Judith Lees BA (Hons) PGCE, Headteacher
A letter from Mrs Lees to the Parents regarding the recent Ofsted Inspection can be found here